Sunday, May 29, 2016

Lolan

Lord, help us to see death for what it really is,
 the end of poverty and the beginning of riches;
 the end of frustration and the beginning of fulfillment;
 the end of fear and the beginning of tranquility;
 the end of pain and the beginning of joy;
 the end of weakness and the beginning of strength.

I remember Kuya Ronald as a happy person. We fondly call him Lolan. We both loved food. He will always prepare good food for us during christmastime and during bakasyon. We both liked basketball. He would accompany me to my basketball games during summertime and I would also watch his basketball games in our town plaza. I still remember when I was young and I wanted to join a basketball league and the team I want to join in have so many requirements. He noticed that I am getting a little bit frustrated, so he asked me to join his team instead and promised no other requirements (he got connections hehe). During that summer basketball league, he advised me to have fun and just enjoy the game, a good advise that is applicable in the game and in life.

Today is supposedly his 52nd birthday but God has better plans for him. And so today is his 9th day in a better place (pasiyam).



Let me quote another line from a prayer...
Let not grief overwhelm us, or a sense of loss embitter us.
But out of our sadness, let there arise a new joy, for so much given to us.
Thank you for the happy memories Kuya Lolan!

Rest in peace Kuya Ronald! May your soul and the souls of all faithful departed through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.